Friday, July 1, 2011

Salisbury, CT

I forgot to take my journal to the library, so I'm gonna try and wing this one. The boys are watching my pack at the grocery store.

I've been hanging with Bum Knee, Mean Gene, Darvey, and Grandpa for quite awhile now, and I've been really enjoying their company. It does get hard being the only woman sometimes, but I manage.

In Greenwood Lake, I had my first mad dash to the post office. I ran down the mountain and through the town and arrived 5 minutes before closing. I felt like I was on the Amazing Race. Bum Knee ran ahead to hold the door open in case I couldn't make it. Though I'm not sure the woman would have waited for me. Later, we went to Murphy's where we were treated like royalty. Free rounds and a man even gave each of us a 2 dollar bill for luck.

I was not a huge fan of New York the first time that I hiked it, and I can't say that much has changed. I'm just as confused about the routing of the trail in this area as I was last time. They take you over every silly rock outcrop, but for no recognizeable reason. All fun and games without a pack. We, however, are packing. At least the 100 mile deli made up for it. I've eaten so very many sandwiches in the last couple of weeks.

I am gross and disgusting. I have stains all over my shirt. There is a hole in the ass of my skirt. I have strange bumps on my thighs, and I live with a thick layer of dirt on my calves pretty much at all times. Luckily, I am still having a blast.

I wish I had more time and could continue to give the daily play by play, but that luxury seems to have gone the way of the Dodo. I'm getting closer and closer to the point I got off last time, and I have serious butterflies. I can't wait to see new trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment