Friday, May 27, 2011

Harpers Ferry, WV

I took forever getting out of town. A walk to the post office, some time at an internet cafe, and then a stop at the Chinese Buffet. Girl's gotta eat.

It's getting hot out here ya'll. The hike out was very easy and pretty. So nice that things are pretty green now. I camped at Manassas Gap Shelter and met some fasties: Portrait and River Rat. Nice guys. We all tented and left the shelter to the mice.

Next day brought another hot one. I was Sweaty Betty all the way to Bear's Den. The roller coaster, "a series of tightly packed ups and downs for 13.5 miles, " starts about 10 miles before this hostel. I was super glad to break it up. This was the second time I've done this section and both times were in high heat and humidity.

Got up early the next day to do the 20 into Harpers Ferry. This section looks easier on paper, but has quite a few rocks. I took only a small break and made it to the Appalachian Trail Conservancy Headquarters at 3:15pm where I received the number 207. I am the 207th thru-hiker to check in. Almost made the 100's.

No comments:

Post a Comment